Monday, May 17, 2010

Ichi, Ni, San, Shi, Go, Roku, Hichi, Hachi, Ku, Ju


So Alex did it.  He went and got his yellow belt in Karate!  Woot! Woot!  He was starting to get bored with karate, being a white belt and all since January, you know...the bottom of the pile in class.  He told me he didn't want to go anymore.  'Well, listen here kid' (I said in my head), 'you are going to learn some discipline and you are going to like it!  Dammit!'  Really what I said was, 'Well, let's go to class today, and tell Sensei Mike that you don't want to do karate anymore.  Then this will be your last day.'  He He He, I had different plans!!

At the beginning of class, with Alex by my side, I said 'Sensei Mike, what does Alex need to do next to become a yellow belt?'  Ding, Ding, Ding!!!  Little Alex ears perk up.  A yellow belt!!  Sweet!  "Well, young Alex, have you been practicing your blocks?'    'Yes'   'And your counting?'   'Yes'.  'Ok, I'll watch you today, and if you're ready for promotion, we'll put your name on the board, and you can come in tomorrow and take your test.  So Sensei Mike watched Alex, and Alex never performed better!!    The next day, he took his test and...

Check out these moves

Presenting, Alex, the Yellow Belt!! 






Now he wants to go to class twice a week, and participate in sparring.  I just hope he doesn't decide to use his new sparring skills on his brother (or his mother!!).  He's been picking up on it pretty quick.  It's way cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Awesome job Alex! Keep working at it and you will be a world champ some day. You and Travis can spar when you visit Maine. Miss you much!
Memere

Salty Mom said...

Very Nice way to go! He looks great (: